Booking your Appointment
Please note that an appointment is necessary for all visits to your GP, Nurse or Phlebotomist (blood clinic). Please phone 074 9131023 or call to the reception desk to arrange an appointment to suit you. Each appointment slot is 10 minutes and all Doctors do their utmost to keep to time. If you require more time i.e. need several procedures or have a complex issue to discuss with the Doctor, it may be necessary to make two separate appointments to cover your requirements. If more than one member of your family is coming to see the doctor at the same time, please make us aware and book each member for the allocated time. If you are booking in for a specific test or procedure – please let us know in order that we can adjust the length of the appointment time accordingly.
Following our practice policy helps us to keep waiting times to the minimum possible.
In the case of an emergency you will always be seen, however, it is best to phone first if at all possible so that we can make arrangements for you to be seen without delay. If you have a very sick child or need to be seen urgently, please make reception staff aware as we will do our best to facilitate you even if the Doctors' sessions are fully booked. If you wish to be seen on a particular day, at a specific time by the doctor of your choice please book well in advance.
The Saturday morning surgery is provided for people who are sick on the day and require an urgent appointment with the Doctor. Please telephone the duty receptionist who will arrange a time for you to be seen.Routine tests and repeat prescriptions cannot be done during the Saturday urgent clinic.
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
- Please request your repeat prescription at least 2 working days before it is required, remembering to allow plenty of time ahead of bank holidays
- It is important to order only the items that you need. If you have stopped taking any of your medicines,
please tell your Doctor or Nurse.
for repeat prescriptions for safety reasons.
- Please request your medication items in writing (forms available at Reception) and hand in, post to our letterbox at front door, or email to email@example.com
- We do not accept telephone requests
for repeat prescriptions for safety reasons
- On your repeat prescription request please state clearly the following:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Medication name, dose and how often you take it (eg once a day, twice a day)
- Designated pharmacy if you would like us to send your prescription to them
- Designated person to collect your prescription when it is complete